- WHAT'S NEW
- ABOUT US
- CMRPC Delegates
- Staff Directory
- Standing Committees
- Meeting Agenda/Minutes
- Contracting with CMRPC
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- Title VI Policy
- Audit Reports
- Career Opportunities
- Contact Us
The Central Massachusetts Model Village District Bylaw
Section 7 of the Bylaw provides reference to having a set of design guidelines included as part of a Village District Bylaw. CMRPC has introduced a set of design guidelines based on the State Model and other elements we felt were important to include. The full set of sample design guidelines is provided as Appendix C. Finally, CMRPC identified a number of the ways that parking should be addressed in a village environment:
Shared parking – Examples of shared parking provisions are included in Appendix D.
Reduction of conventional parking requirements, which are usually tied into shared parking and common parking availability considerations.
Increase of standard distance from use existing/common parking spaces can be counted (The RI Model provided up to 1,000 feet with some good language; CMRPC staff notes that we have other models to utilize, some of which utilize 500 feet as the maximum distance threshold).
Parking Maximums - Examples are included within the Model Bylaw.
• Appendix A – Meeting notes from the March 30, 2015 CMRPC Village District Zoning Bylaw Project Workshop Meeting
• Appendix B – Site Plan Review Streamlined Change of Use Provision Examples
• Appendix C – Sample Design Guidelines
• Appendix D – Shared Parking Bylaw Examples